Friday, July 25, 2008

Sock Monkeys and hooded towels

I got very excited about sock and glove animals after looking at Crafty Jill's blog, http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/ ordered the how to book off of Amazon and have been going crazy ever since! But this monkey sock I actually found the kit at a yard sake for 25 cents. It included the hot to book, the cocks, the needeles, string, everything! I was so excited I gave them a dollar for it because i felt so bad taking it. I had been looking on line and the monkey socks alone are 8 bucks, kits selling for $30. Beck doesn't really like it, so I will keep pushing it on him or give it to Paisley. Paisley already has a sock zebra I keep in her car seat to put up next to her face when she is trying to sleep and we are not at home. (She likes her face covered or something near it when she is sleeping)
I also have been making hooded towels, http://www.skiptomylou.org/2007/11/29/hooded-towel-tutorial/ , and working on my applique, which I am slowly trying to teach myself by trial and error. I have been having a lot of fun and made Beck a cute one with a big B on the back like Superman.

1 comment:

Cederberg Family said...

I love them both!!! What a cute monkey!!