Monday, July 21, 2008

Burp Cloths & Nursing Cover

I have become obsessed with making/giving these adorable burp cloths and a nursing cover to friends & family that are having new little ones! The are both super easy to make and cost nearly nothing!

The only thing I did differently on the nursing cover is I didn't do the boning around the neck. I purchased one off of e-bay (to get the pattern to make my own!) and I don't like how the neck is stiff and sticks up all the time. They say the boning is for you to have 'eye contact' with the baby, but my thought on the whole thing is that if I am in public covering up to nurse I am not wanting to sit & 'bond' too much with him/her. It's get in & get out! ;)
I also made mine a little longer & wider so that it will wrap around my sides a little better.

With Parker spitting up as much as he does the burp rags are awesome because they are BIG and absorb great!



3 comments:

Korbi said...

I love that Paisley material!!!!

Cederberg Family said...

I love this idea! I always hated having to figure things out when I was breast feeding! This will be awesome when I have my second little one. I hope I can make one half this cute!!

Jamie said...


If you don't want to sew a nursing cover, click this link to purchase an awesome one at:
BabyTimeNursingCover.com