Monday, August 18, 2008

My one hour bag and applique for Paisley




I finally got around to making the one hour bag that was previously posted on here. I have also been working a lot with my new sewing machine and I love all the fun stitches that it does. It's not as sturdy as my old Bernina, but definitely more fun! I made two of these bags, the first one I gave to me niece, Kylee, 11 yrs, because she was here staying and watched me do the last bit of it. And her and I both have an amazing obsession with bags! We also made some glove animals. She loves crafts and was so amazed to watch the animal come together out of a pair of gloves! She also couldn't believe it when I was sewing the strap for the bag. She was so unsure of how it would look good because I was sewing the outsides together and then flipping it out, then it all came together and she said, "wow! It's like a real strap, like one from a store!"

1 comment:

Cederberg Family said...

Awesome bag!! I love the applique too. I will be making another one of these bags soon.